Serge's medical team in Nyankunde, D.R. Congo, battle grinding poverty while serving patients and training national medical professionals. This project will provide them with much needed supplies, training and support for the maternity department in Nyankunde and the surrounding health zone by:
- Providing medical supplies for the maternity department
- Supplying nutritional care for infants whose mothers died in labor
- Paying for women unable to afford care
- Paying for training for nurses, doctors and community health workers in obstetrical education
- Continuing training sessions for community health workers
- Helping to provide supplies and training in family planning
- Providing supplies for spiritual formation
- Providing grants for travel to midwifery conferences
- Paying for formula for orphaned children in the maternity department
- Paying for shipping and review of pathological specimens
- Providing discretionary funds for needs within the maternity department and Nyankunde health district
- Paying education fees for capable and desperately needed nursing students
- Providing discretionary funds for team members to use as they determine legitimate requests for assistance in the local community.
Thank you for your partnership.